One of the most inspiring women in wake – Sophie Hogben, has started her own company over in Australia creating cute fashion pins amongst other things. These one’s are extra special as they are designed based on the cool cat Ben Leclair, a great wakeboarder who injured his spinal chord a few weeks back. All proceeds goes to helping him in his recovery so head to www.pinicool.com now to get yours and make a statement. So impressed by you Soph, both as a rider and as a human being, I wish more people were like you!
Had a magical night meeting tons of inspiring people, getting dressed up to the teeth and eating desserts at the Swedish Sports Gala. I was one of the athletes getting awarded a scholarship for pursuing dual careers. The Swedish sports confederation supports athletes combining successful sport careers with studies and as I’ve now passed my first semester at the Stockholm Business School I got elected for this scholarship and got to go on stage and accept it. All I kept thinking as I walked up in front of those 2500 people was “don’t trip” as I was wearing some stiletto heels for the first time since knee surgery but thankfully everything worked out great 🙂 So honored and thankful for this money and can’t wait to spend it all on gas for the boat 😉
I never make New Years Resolutions because I don’t believe in setting “do’s” and “don’ts” for myself. However I do like the concept of starting fresh and I try to invite change into my life. Today I started thinking about what I want to change in 2017 and here are some of my new year guidelines.
- Read more books – The last few months, or lets be honest the entire of 2016, Netflix and series took over my book reading and I want to get back to it! Especially autobiography’s and books based on true stories.
- Stop stressing about things I cannot control.
- Spend more time with friends – If I don’t have time, make time.
- Increase the revenue in my new company, Wakecarro AB keep learning new things – in 2017 I want to work towards creating one of my new dream projects, I’ll keep you posted!
- Make more time for yoga.
- Laugh more, love more, take more chances, play more yeah just live more I suppose.